The Connecticut Youth Services Association will recognize the outstanding people and programs that serve children, youth and families in Connecticut through the annual awards program. These awards will be presented at the CYSA Annual Conference in October of each year. Previous award winners are not eligible to receive this award again.
- Youth Service Employee of the Year Award: This award is presented to an outstanding employee (administrator or front-line worker) of a youth service bureau. Previous award winners are not eligible to receive this award again.
- Program Award: This award is presented to a youth service bureau program of outstanding quality. Previous award winners are not eligible to receive this award again.
- Youth Leadership Award: This award is given to a young person who has made an outstanding contribution to his or her peers or community. Previous award winners are not eligible to receive this award again.
- Special Award: This award is reserved for special occasions when CYSA wishes to acknowledge an individual or agency who advances the cause of young people but does not fit in the other award categories (e.g. media, non-legislative advocate, funder, etc.).
- The Laura T. Brown Career Achievement Award is selected by the CYSA Membership Committee. The criteria for selection is:
A long history of service with YSB(s)
- Mastery of the ACU functions as evidenced by one or more of the following:
- Creation of new, innovative program(s)
- Adaptation of existing program(s) into a model program(s)
- Effective collaborations among service providers
- Increasing the YSB’s budget, services, and or volunteer pool
- Research into youth issues and service delivery models
- Advocacy for youth on the individual and on the systems level
- Furthering the understanding of positive youth development and the role of YSBs locally, among YSBs and throughout the state.
- Previous award winners are not eligible to receive this award again.
To read more about Laura T. Brown or to see previous award recipients Click Here.
All award nominations must be submitted through the Chapter Reps to the Memership Committee.